I previously announced version 4.5.1. I saw the need to release a new version quickly due to false positives by various virus scanners. In order to overcome this I requested for a signed certificate which I can use to sign the Data Crow executables, preventing virus scanners from seeing Data Crow’s executables as unfamiliar and therefore potentially insecure.
Right …. that process is taking its time. I did in fact order such a certificate but the process of verification is taking its time. And having more time also means I am making more changes. Instead of releasing a minor version I am now planning on releasing version 4.6 instead.
Also, please take note of my Patreon page – a great way to support Data Crow! here it is
This is the status thus far:
- iTunes online search for music.
- The web modules is now configured for HTTPS (only). A default self signed certificate has been added. This can be used for internal / local network use. If the application needs to be running in a web environment it is recommended to add a valid certificate which can be configured in ssl/datacrow-ssl.properties.
- Changed all Data Crow product icons.
- The main application icon now consists of multiple sizes to allow support for multiple displaying purposes.
- Discogs maximum search results has been increased (online services pack version 1.4).
- Reintroduced the donation question.
- Updated the completely outdated About dialog contents.
- Added an executable for the server version.
- Web module did not show the login page correctly.
- Web module you needed to login twice in order to get into the application (a 4.2.2 issue)
- Web module: download button was too large.
- Donate plugin was outdated and donate dialog pointed to the old site.
- Some fields were not translatable on the loan panel (item form > loan administration)
- Added an additional check when looking for the current active module to prevent incorrect startup errors.
- The font was incorrect on opening the help section.